November 28, 2011 by siera104
- 12 ounces butter (3 sticks)
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon anise extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 ounces chopped almonds
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- More semi-sweet chocolate chips to melt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 165 degrees C ).
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time; beat until fluffy. Stir in the anise and vanilla extracts. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture along with the chopped almonds and chocolate chips. Stir with a spoon and as the dough comes together, Knead by hand. (Hint, you will want to flour the counter and your hands well, the dough is a bit sticky.)
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. Roll each piece into a log about 15 inches long. Place logs onto cookie sheets, 2 to a sheet, the long way. Flatten the logs out until they are about 3 inches wide with a slight hump going down the middle. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, loaves should be firm. Cut the loaves into diagonal slices 1/2 inch wide, place the slices onto the cookie sheets and return to the oven. Toast on one side, then turn them over to do the other side. This will take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Once the cookies have cooled melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips and use a butter knife to put a generous layer of dark chocolate on the bottom of the cookie, let cool, and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from http://family.go.com/food/recipe-ar-15598-italian-biscotti-t/
Category Recipes | Tags: chocolate,cookies | No Comments
November 26, 2011 by siera104
Below is the modified recipe to the Peanut Butter Cookies,found on this link . My modification on the cookie, was on accident. When measuring the ingredients I picked up a 1/3 cup instead of a 1/4 cup, (my measuring cup’s labels have rubbed off). I tried to bake them using the recipe but they were better with my “mistake”.
Sensational Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/3 cup peanut butter (see note)
1 cup natural cane sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
additional sugar for rolling
Preheat oven to 375 degrees°F.
Mix all the ingredients up in a bowl. Roll walnut-sized pieces into balls and roll balls in the additional sugar. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork in a crisscross pattern or leave in a ball and have your kisses ready to make blossoms. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool before removing from baking sheet.
Helpful Hint: To measure your peanut butter, I suggest lining your measuring cup with some plastic wrap, it makes it so much easier to get all of the peanut butter out of the measuring cup.
Note: Peanut butter comes in all kinds of configurations and the kind you choose will influence your outcome. Some peanut butters are very sweet, some have been hydrogenated, some have a whole lot more in them than peanuts! Then there is the chunky versus smooth debate. I used a Creamy Skippy Natural and have used Jif Natural with success.
Category Recipes | Tags: cookies,peanut butter | No Comments